Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Tale of Two Fishes




Maren has been asking for a pet for the past few months. The problem is that Ryan and I can't agree on what kind of pet to get. I have always had fondness for cats as that is what I had growing up. Ryan hates cats and wants a dog, yet I have a feeling if we get a dog that I would be the one to care for it, and for now there just isn't time for that. So Maren was really excited when I told her we could get a fish. It was the highlight of her month to go to the pet store, and she had to choose a boy fish and a girl fish, and she named them Ariel and Eric. After shopping for fish she and I had a girls day out and went out for lunch. I love my alone time with my girl! 

For the past week and a half she has been singing to the fish, reading to them, and begging to feed them, (I have caught her throwing too much food in there and have had teach her what could happen if we do that!) And the fish have manged to survive so far. It has been pretty fun and is making her prepared for a bigger pet eventually.  If only Ryan and I can agree on what to get...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

Ariel and Eric? That's seriously adorable. How can you tell if a fish is a girl or a boy? I don't think I've ever even considered that. Oh, and trust me, if you had a dog, you would definitely be the one taking care of it. I fell for that trap. Three times, dang it.