Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lately

 Life has been busy lately, and I have not had a lot of time or desire to blog. But I had a few quiet minutes this morning and wanted to document what we have been up to. I have spent a lot of time working and am thankful for the work and to be busy! I spent a day in the office earlier this month and Kate had some one on one time with Grandma Joy. She did a photoshoot, and I got some beautiful pictures of Kate. The photo above is my favorite. I can't believe how much my sweet girl is growing.   She looks like a young lady now and this picture makes her look older than she is!
 I enjoyed a girls night out with my sisters in law. All were able to attend but two of them. Here's Liz, Jenny, Sarah, Amy, Emily, Ali, myself, and Brenda. I am so blessed to have such amazing women as sisters in law. We try to get together once in a while and I always enjoy these wonderful ladies!
 Maren has been extra affectionate with Kate lately. She really wants to play with her and I know Kate loves the attention. She spends time reading to her, playing music for her, putting make up and lotion on her, painting her nails, and just being with her. It is so sweet and innocent. These two girls definately have a bond.
 Ryan and I weren't able to be together on Valentines Day as he was working that evening at Deer Valley. So we celebrated last night by going to dinner and watching a movie. It was very nice. We saw "The Impossible".... it was heartwrenching but so amazing. For anyone who hasn't seen that movie, I highly recommend it. Beautiful story.
 Yesterday we spent a few hours at Shriners. Kate has outgrown her old wheelchair and Shriners donated this new chair to her. When we saw it, we kind of laughed a bit as it has fireballs all over it. It must have been previously used by a little boy who had it custom made. But we were so thankful and will use it and it will be much more comfortable for Kate. We joked around that she will be like Katniss from the "Hunger Games" with her "girl on fire" wheelchair.
 On Valentines Morning I woke up early to start working and found this waiting for me.   Ryan is sweet and thoughtful. He always writes the sweetest cards and I love that!
Here's Eli and Maren at Shriners.  Eli is growing so much.... he is now 19 months and in the thick of the toddler phase. We are having fun with him, even though he wears us out sometimes!!

Life is busy, but good!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sweet little ones. I was thinking about the fact that Maren shows her sister such amazing love, not expecting anything in return. She just wants to make Kate happy. She is a wonderful example of pure, Christlike love. You have been blessed with three incredibly special kids. I love them.

Shelly Karren said...

Shannie, such a sweet picture of Kate. I look forward to seeing more of you and your family when I (this is the 'life change' part from my blog post) move back home in July!!! So excited to be closer to family :). We'll have to catch up soon. xox